Churma Ladoo/ Muthia Ladoo is a delicious and tasty sweet dish. Churma Ladoos are filled with lots of energy and strength.
Gujarati’s identify this as Muthiatar ladoo and Rajasthani’s know these ladoos by the name Churma Ladoos. But one thing is similar in both sets of people, they like these ladoos so much.
Churma Ladoo have some very rich and healthy ingredients which make them very heavy to digest but they certainly give the strength to the person who eats them. I have heard that in Gujarat that our ancesters used to carry these ladoos with them while they were used travel long distance.
Presenting you the healthiest and strongest recipe of Churma Ladoo with step by step photos,
- Take warm water and coarse whole wheat flour/ jhada gehun ka atta and knead it to make hard/ stiff dough.
- Make 20 equal parts of dough and give oval shape and press with your finger in center of each portion. This will give it the proper shape of muthia.
- You can also make flat balls out of it.
- Heat oil on medium flame and fry balls and stir it well till they turn light brown in color.
- Cut this muthia/ flat balls in small pieces.
- Grind in mixer grinder to make fine powder. Filter any thick parts out of it.
- Churma is now ready.
- Heat remaining ghee and add finely chopped jaggery and continuously stir it till jaggery and ghee mix together (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Add cardamom powder, jaiphal / nutmeg powder, ghee and jaggery mixer.
- Pour this ghee and jaggery mixer in Churma and allow the mix to become little bit cooler.
- Make 20 equal parts out of it and give shape of your choice.
- Take cashew nut and gently press in middle of the Ladoo.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds / khus khus on the top of Ladoo and gently press.
- Your churma ladoo/ muthia ladoos are ready to serve.
- Enjoy it hot or store in a container and enjoy it at your leisure.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.?