Dabeli is a delicious, spicy, yummy food from the Kutch region of Gujarat. You can eat this food anytime and I am sure you will love it.
I have spent couple of years in Kutch. Dabeli is the main go to food of the people of Kutch when they are hungry, when they are celebrating festivals, when they want to eat something different, this dish gets the nod against all other foods in Kutch.
In the cities of Kutch, you will find many food carts of Dabeli in the streets. You can go to the any food cart and you will find the Dabeli with a different and good taste .
It is my favorite food too. My hubby just loves it and always demands regularly to make it at home. He just loves my recipes you know :).
I think you also should give it a try. Below is the ingredients snap and step by step preparation guide with photos,
- Potato filling :
- Boil potato with 3 cups of water in pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
- Peel and crush potato. Heat oil in the pan and add Asafoetida(Hing).
- Add Dabeli masala and tamarind chutney and stir well. Add spices chili powder, cumin powder, salt, coriander powder,turmeric Powder and saute for one minute and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add crushed potatoes and mix with prepared paste and stir for 3 minutes.
- Once it seems that potato filling is not sticking with pan, that means it’s ready and switch off the flame. Take potato filling in bowl. Garnish it with grated coconut, coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds.
- Masala peanuts:
- Take oil in the pan and add all masala red chili powder, salt, coriander power, garam masala, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add Roasted and separated peanuts mix with all masala and stir for 1 minute.Heat this peanuts mixture for 1 minute and switch off the flame.
- Masala peanuts are ready.
- You can store this in airtight container for 6 to 7 days.
- Tamarind chutney:
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Chop jaggery in small pieces.
- In mixer jar add tamarind, jaggery , garlic cloves, chili powder, salt, coriander powder, cumin powder and make fine paste.
- If required add more water.
- Tamarind chutney is ready.
- Take one pav and cut it from middle and apply tamarind chutney.
- Put 2 teaspoon of potato filling in it.
- On potato filling put chopped onion and masala peanuts.
- Close the paav gently .
- Heat pan on low flame and put butter on it.
- Roast one side of dabeli till it becomes crispy and apply butter on other side.
- Now roast other side of dabeli. Add sev in it.
- Yummy Dabeli is now ready to eat.
- Enjoy with Tamarind chutney.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for more these kind of Recipes. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.:)