Lauki (Bottle Gourd) is very healthy vegetable. It helps maintaining cholesterol levels in a person. It can be used to make juice, sabzi at it’s young stage and as a medicine at it’s mature stage.
Lauki (Bottle Gourd) sabzi can be very healthy as well. I try to make it once or sometimes twice in a week in my kitchen so it helps me maintaining the health of my loved ones.
Lauki also helps you control blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here is my version of recipe with photo guide,
- Peel and cut bottle gourd and potato and cut tomato in medium size.
- Peel and crush garlic cloves.
- Pressure cook potato and bottle gourd for 3 whistles.
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and sizzle.
- Add tomato and saute till it becomes soft and add garlic paste.
- Add salt, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala or sabzi masala and saute the mixture for a minute.
- Add boiled potato and bottle gourd and saute the mixture.
- Allow to cook the sabzi for 1 minute.
- Switch off flame and add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Lauki (Bottle gourd) sabzi is now ready.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.?