Khaman Dhokla is delicious and mouth watering Gujarati dish. This dish is obviously very famous in Gujarat but people from the other part of the world also like it because of its scrumptious taste.
Khaman Dhokla are very easy to make and one can prepare it in very quick time.
You can eat it in your lunch or dinner or as an evening snack or as a morning breakfast.
You can find the recipe below with pictures,
- Take besan in bowl and add curd and warm water. Mix it well so their should be no lumps.
- Keep this batter for 6 to 7 hours for fermentation.
- After the batter gets fermented add salt, turmeric powder, oil, sugar and stir the batter for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add fruit salt and baking soda and mix it well.
- Grease the plate with oil and put batter in the plate.
- Steam the batter for at least 20 minutes. Periodically check with toothpick or knife and if batter is not sticking with it than the Dhokla are ready.
- Cool it down for 5 minutes and cut in square or diamond shape (Dhokla).
- Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves and sizzle.
- As Tadka is ready pour it on the Dhokla plate with the help of spoon and spread evenly on the Dhokla plate.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves on Dhokla plate.
- Yummy Khaman Dhokla are now ready to serve.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.?