Gujarati Dal is a day to day dish for all the Gujarati people. It is really easy to make and rich in taste and very healthy dish.
When it comes to the name Gujarati Dal, people tend to think it would taste sweet. Please try to follow this guide, I am sure you would love the taste which would be the mix of sour, sweet, spicy.
Dal is very healthy as it contains all the Vitamins. We say milk is a complete food but it doesn’t contain Vitamin C, Dal gives us Vitamin C as well. Have the Dal every day and be healthy and try my recipes 🙂
Below is the step by step guide with pictures,
- Finely chop green chilies and tomatoes.
- Boil Dal with 2-3 cups of water in pressure cooker till 3 to 4 whistles.
- Grind boiled Dal with one cup of water and make fine paste.
- Take a pan and heat oil on a medium flame.
- Add Asafoetida once oil is properly heated.
- Add green chilies, cumin seeds, curry leaves for tadka.
- Add tomato in tadka and saute till it becomes softer.
- Add Dal paste in the pan and add water .
- Add coriander powder, chili powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir and mix all the ingredients well.
- Boil Dal with all ingredients well and stir until you feel it has mixed well with the other ingredients.
- Gujarati Dal is now ready to serve.
- It can be enjoyed with Rice or even with Roti and Paratha.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.?