Idli is traditional South Indian dish. I personally believe it could be the most eaten food for the breakfast in the India.
When I am not in a mood to spend much time in the kitchen and my bhookads (my hubby and kiddo ? ) want to have something different, Idli is the dish that instantly comes into my mind.
One can easily and comfortably cook Idli in very quick time. Just wanted to share some information for those who are looking for a quick way to prepare this recipe.
Find recipe below with step by step pictures,
- Wash rice 3 to 4 times with water and soak it for 5 to 6 hours.
- Wash and soak methi seeds for 5 to 6 hours.
- Wash split black gram (urad dal) 3 to 4 times with water and soak for 5 to 6 hours.
- Soak rice, dal and fenugreek seeds in different vessels.
- Drain split black gram (urad dal) and grind with Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) with 1\2 cup of water.
- Drain and grind rice with 1 cup of water till you get smooth batter.
- Add more water if required and batter is now ready.
- Mix rice and dal batters and mix well with spoon.
- Idli batter is ready for fermentation.
- Cover the bowl with lid and keep for fermentation till 6 to 7 hours.
- You will get good result if you can put batter in hot place.
- At the time of stemming add salt and mix well with spoon.
- Grease Idli mould and pour Idli batter with spoon.
- Add 4 cups of water in stemming vessel, pressure cooker or Idli cooker and piece of lemon (lemon will protect your vessel from turning dark) and heat water.
- Place your Idli stand in cooker and cover cooker properly.
- Steam Idli for 8 to 10 minutes.
- To check if it’s ready or not insert toothpick or knife if it comes clean than Idli are ready. Now steam for one minute and switch of the flame.
- Idli are now ready to serve.
- One can enjoy Idli with sambar and coconut chutney.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.?