White Dhokla is an authentic Gujarati dish. Gujarati people just love it and we feel that we didn’t have enough of them yet every time we eat it.
At my home you will find a different type of Dhokla dish every fortnight. As I said we just love it.
In all the cities of Gujarat you will find the food carts in the street to the small and big restaurants you will find different Dhokla dishes being served.
Steps of the preparation with photos are below,
- Mix rice and dal and make flour or you can purchase ready Dhokla flour from the shop.
- In flour add curd and water and keep a side for 6 to 7 hours for fermentation.
- In a prepared batter add salt ,sugar, baking soda, coriander leaves and 2 teaspoon oil and beat it till batter becomes fluffy.
- Grease the plate with oil (apply on a plate) and put half of the batter in the plate.
- Sprinkle some red chili powder on the Dhokla plate.
- In the steamer, steam for 10 to 12 minutes and check with toothpick or knife if batter is not sticking with it.
- Dhokla are now ready.
- Take out from steamer and cool the plate for two minutes.
- Cut Dhokla in square or diamond shape.
- Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves and sizzle.
- As tadka is ready pour it on the dhokla plate with the help of spoon and spread evenly on the dhokla plate.
- Your yummy Dhokla are now ready to serve.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for more these kind of Recipes. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking. 🙂