Farsi Puri can be termed as Gujarati dish. It can be enjoyed with morning breakfast or as an evening snacks. I am sure everybody will love the taste of it.
In many parts of Gujarat, people perform Pooja of Agnidev on the eve of Saavan saptami /ashtami (7th and 8th day of Saavan). They don’t cook for a day on saptami and have these Puris (Farsi Puri, Maida Puri) and Thepla on that day.
Personally I love the taste of these Puris and would trade many dishes for these. I eagerly wait for the Saavan every year as my Mother in law makes very delicious and tasty Puris.
Below is the preparation part with photo steps,
- In wide plate take Wheat flour and Besan / chickpea flour.
- Add salt ,chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, Turmeric powder.
- Add 2 teaspoon oil and add water and knead well till you get smooth dough.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil after kneading dough.
- Rest the dough for 10 to 15 minutes .
- After resting again knead the dough and make dough balls out of it.
- Put dough ball on rolling board and dust with dry wheat flour and roll with rolling pin to make 2 to 3 inch diameter circle (like small Roti a.k.a. Puri).
- With help of fork make small holes in the Puri and dry Puri for 3 to 4 hours .
- Heat oil on a low flame and deep fry Puri till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Take out the Puris from the oil and put them on tissue paper to absorb extra oil.
- Tasty and mouth watering Puris are now ready to be served.
- You can store it in airtight container for couple of days if you wish.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.?