Tawa Pulao is one the delicious and tasty spicy dish from the amchi Mumbai. You will really love the taste of this scrumptious dish.
If you are fond of the spicy dishes made from rice than you will definitely love this more desi style dish.
You can find this dish in alsmost every second street in Mumbai. They really serve you the tasty and yummy Tawa Pulav made from Pav Bhaji masala.
Below is the step by step recipe with photos to make this Mumbai style Tawa Pulav,
- Boil rice for 15 to 20 minutes in 3 glasses of water, add salt at the time of boiling.
- Stir rice in between at the time of boiling and check if rice is cooked then drain out extra water and keep it aside.
- Do not over cook rice, rice should not be sticky, after boiling You can keep them on the cloth to absorb extra water.
- Pressure cook or boil potatoes, carrot and green peas and finely chop after boiling.
- Make paste of tomato,onion and garlic.
- Finely chop capsicum.
- Heat oil and butter in the pan and add capsicum and saute till it becomes soft.
- Add onion and garlic paste and saute till it becomes little pink in color.
- Add tomato paste and saute till it seems to be cooked properly.
- Add salt, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and Pav Bhaji masala and saute for a minute till you feel nice aroma of spices.
- Add boil and chopped potato, carrot and boiled green peas and mix well.
- Add boiled rice and mix carefully at the time of mixing make sure that rice are not broken.
- Your street style Tawa Pulao is ready now.
- You can serve Tawa Pulao with lemon and chopped onion and curd.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.?