Medu Vada is one of the tastiest and most eaten breakfast dishes from South India. Medu Vada are also healthy and most people love it’s scrumptious taste.
The tricky part to prepare Medu Vada is to give the proper shape to Vada, when the batter is fresh you can give it a nice shape but sometimes after frying couple of Vada it becomes a bit difficult to give it a proper shape.
I will try to present the steps with photos and hope that someone can find it useful and can get help to prepare this yummy breakfast dish.
Snap of the ingredients and preparation part,
- Soak Urad Dal (Black gram) for 5 to 6 hours or over night.
- After soaking, grind Dal by removing all water and make thick paste out of it.
- Cut 3 to 4 pieces of curry leaves and add into the mix.
- Take 1 to 2 cups of batter or equivalent quantity of batter from which you can make 3 to 4 Medu Vada. Add salt as per taste in that portion of batter. (Note : Don’t add salt in all grinded dal as salt removes water from the Dal and it becomes really difficult to give proper shape afterwards)
- Heat oil on a medium flame in the kadai or frying pan.Wet your hands with water and take one lemon size portion of batter and make flat ball and with the help of your finger make hole in the middle of the flat ball.
- Drop the prepared vada in oil and fry till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Repeat this procedure with other portion of batter.
- Your tasty medu Vada are now ready to be served. Serve it hot with Coconut Chutney.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.?