Misal Pav is famous Maharashtrian dish. Misal Pav is a traditional breakfast dish and it’s really very tasty and yummy dish.
Like many other Mumbaikars, Misal Pav is one of my favorite dishes. In the streets of Mumbai, you will find many food stalls and food trucks selling this yummy dish called Misal Pav. It has the perfect taste of spiciness and it’s really delicious.
Below is my step to step guide with photos for preparing Misal Pav at your home. Hope you all like it.
Snap of the ingredients,
- Wash and soak mix pulses for 6 to 7 hours or over night.(you can choose any of pulses from the ingredients list, use all if possible as it will give it more authentic taste)
- Pressure cook all the soaked pulses for 4 whistles.
- Make paste of 4 to 5 onion, ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in the pan and add onion paste and saute for a minute.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and saute till it looks nicely cooked.
- Add salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder , Misal masala and stir for a while.
- Add boiled pulses and water and keep it boiling for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
- Misal is ready now.
- In a plate take Misal and farsan and garnish it with chopped onion and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with Pav, roti or even with paratha.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for future recipes as well. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.?