Onion Muthia is really healthy and delicious dish. Onion Muthia is very popular snack from the Gujarat.
Onion Muthia have very healthy ingredients, it’s light on your stomach but you feel very fulfilling after having couple of pieces. You can have it for a breakfast with tea.
Below is my step by step guide to prepare this lovely dish. Hope you all like it,
- Chop onion and coriander leaves.
- In wide pan add wheat flour, chickpea flour, salt,chili powder,cumin seed powder, coriander powder, chopped onion and coriander and mix them well.
- Add water and combine all ingredients and knead a semi soft dough.
- Add oil and knead the dough once again to smooth out.
- Divide dough in to 12 to 15 pieces and give shape with your hand clench (mutthi)
- Take 2 glasses of water in steamer and place Muthia and steam for 20 minutes and check with toothpick if it doesn’t stick with it then its ready. ( you can also pressure cook it for 3 to 4 whistles)
- Take out Muthia from steamer and cool it for 5 minutes and cut it in circle shape.
- Heat oil in the pan add cumin seed, mustered seed, curry leaves and sizzle and add Muthia and toss carefully so it should not get broken and add sesame seeds.
- Healthy and delicious Onion Muthia are ready to be served.
Hope you enjoyed the Recipe. Do browse our other recipes as well and leave your valuable feedback for us. Do subscribe for more these kind of Recipes. We would love to hear all the comments from you and act accordingly for our next Recipes. Happy Cooking.:)